Liberty Bell Blues

A Philadelphia conservative tries to stay sane in a city full of liberals

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

Was it a good weekend for retailers, or wasn't it? Remember when I said on Black Friday that I couldn't wait to see how the media spun the economic news? I got my wish. Reports on sales during the Thanksgiving weekend vary wildly. The AP says the news is bad:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=1352427&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

But Bloomberg says the news is good.

But wait! The New York Times says it's bad. Can't argue with that paper, can we?

But, no, wait! USA Today says that sales are up 22% this year.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the media's self-inflicted confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home