Liberty Bell Blues

A Philadelphia conservative tries to stay sane in a city full of liberals

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter! I hope that you and your families enjoy this blessed holiday.

Today, in his first Easter mass as pontiff, Pope Benedict called on Catholics to "transform a world of violence and corruption". The longer I live, the more I understand how the teachings of Christ are the way to a better world. Christianity has always been considered "out of fashion", but it is still going strong after 2,000 years, while fads and fashions have come and gone. Christianity must, and will, remain strong despite the many attacks against it.

You've probably heard news stories about the so-called "Gospel of Judas", and you've definitely heard of the Da Vinci Code. The willingness of some people to believe in such outlandish conspiracy theories will never cease to amaze me. For now, I'll refer you to this article about the Archbishop of Canterbury's remarks about these matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home